What you eat on a daily basis affects your mood and the way your brain functions. It may be hard for some of you to imagine the connection between your mood and what you eat, but the facts speak for themselves.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates mood, appetite, digestion and sleep. As it is mainly produced in the intestines (95%), it is no surprise that food directly affects your emotions.🧠
Studies show that the production of serotonin is influenced by billions of good bacteria that play an important role in your health.
Good bacteria not only manage how food is absorbed, but also influence your mood and energy levels, as well as inflammation processes in the body. People who take probiotics are considered to be less anxious and less susceptible to stress and mental illness.
Your emotions and attitudes are produced and regulated in your nervous system and maintaining it healthy should be your priority. Magnesium, calcium, omega 3, vitamins B1 and B3 are some of the nutrients that support your nervous system.
In order to gain control over your emotional state, incorporate in your diet those types of food that benefit your nervous and digestive system.
- Avocado contains vitamin B6 that helps your body produce more serotonin and is also rich in stress-relieving B vitamins and heart-healthy fat that may lessen anxiety.
- Asparagus is rich in folic acid and helps you maintain a positive mode, as it prevents anxiety and depression.
- Almonds contain a proper amount of magnesium, a mineral that is involved in the production of serotonin and is an effective treatment for stress symptoms.
- Yoghurt contains probiotics, „good bacteria”, that directly affect the production of serotonin.
- Blueberries are full of vitamin C and antioxidants, that help you ease anxiety.
- Salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, involved in healthy brain functioning.
Here are some recipes you could use to incorporate these healthy foods in your diet and contribute to your mood in a positive way:
- avocado, asparagus and almonds
Achieve health and balance with RESELF 360°!